A special place for nothin' special.


Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My First Knit Along

Well, I had hoped to be able to say that I was making incredible progress on my Red Carpet Convertible, but I have yet to even receive my yarn! So, I decided to start on the other project that the group is knitting - the Fifi sweater by French Girl Knits.

I had a little bit of a rough start with Fifi, mostly with trying to get my gauge correct. The pattern calls for size seven needles, but I am using size nine (and I still think I am just a little off). After a few false starts, I was on my way, and things are going rather smoothly. The sweater is knit using Rowan's Calmer - a slightly stretchy cotton blend - and it's great. The yarn is knitting up smoothly and is probably my favorite yarn I have knit with so far. I even ordered more in another color to make a second sweater!

I had back surgery earlier today, so I will be off my feet for awhile - perfect for knitting! I hope to make a dent in my already significant stash while I am home. (It's amazing how quickly a person can accumulate so much yarn!) After I finish Fifi, I hope to be able to start on the Red Carpet Convertible and maybe even knock out my first pair of socks. There is so much I would love to do - I'll just have to see how much I can really accomplish over the next few weeks. And, if I am able to locate my digital camera without to much effort, I will try to post a progress photo or two.

No comments: