A special place for nothin' special.


Monday, July 23, 2007

Fifi Frustration!

Ok, I guess I shouldn't really blame Fifi - that's not the issue. The problem is the old adage that if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

I was knitting away happily on my first row of the bodice for my Fifi sweater when I noticed that all of my stitches were lying in my lap - off the circular needle! The plastic cable on my Options circular needle snapped right at the point where it meets the metal fitting. I never noticed it, and all but a few of my stitches and all my carefully placed stitch markers were lying in my lap.


The picture isn't great, since I snapped it with the camera on my cell phone, but you can see the problem well enough.

I did the best I could to get all of the stitches picked up on a needle and thread before they began to unravel, but I know that I didn't get them all picked up properly (in the 2 by 2 rib pattern). Hopefully it won't be too big a problem. Thankfully, I do have a backup 24" cable, so I should be able to get the stitches back on the needles and get going again.

Oh, and I finally got my yarn for the Red Carpet Convertible, too. I had originally chosen a beautiful, deep jewel-tone blue, but due to stock levels settled on a brighter teal green instead. So, once Fifi and I are on better terms and can reach a successful end, I'll move on to the RCC and let you know how it goes!

No comments: